Segnaliamo il nuovo bando della FTC portoghese che finanzierà 300 progetti in tutti i campi disciplinari.
I candidati devono essere in possesso di un dottorato di ricerca.
La deadline è fissata al 20 febbraio 2019.
La versione inglese della call è qui sotto.
Dettagli al link:
English version of this call:
The Portuguese R&D Funding Agency (FCT) has announced the opening of the second edition of the Individual Call to Scientific Employment Stimulus, which will allow the hiring of 300 PhD holders in all scientific fields to carry out their scientific research or technological development activity in Portugal, integrated in R&D units funded by FCT. In their submission, researchers are required to indicate their host institution. The selected researchers are hired by the host institution through a framework- contract signed between the Host Institution and FCT, which guarantees the funding.
DEADLINE: 17 January 2019 – 20 February 2019 (17:00 Lisbon Time).
The host institution must confirm the application by 6 March 2019 – only upon confirmation will applications be considered complete.
The Centre for Classical Studies – University of Lisbon (http://www.tmp.letras.ulisboa.pt/cec) looks forward to hearing from interested candidates and hosting research in the areas of Classical Studies, Medieval Latin Philology, Humanism, and the reception of the classical tradition. For more information, please contact: email@example.com.
The English written APPLICATION will be submitted online at a soon to be available platform. The application comprises the following parts:
· Research plan, including a selection of the main activities to be developed, the expected results and the identification of a mission and scientific challenges in the framework of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
· Synopsis of the scientific and curricular path, highlighting the main activities and results obtained in the last 5 years;
· Curriculum vitae;
· Motivation letter, identifying up to two main contributions of the candidate in the last 5 years and the expected main contributions for the next years;
· Synopsis of the host conditions and description of the integration of the proposed research plan into the strategy of the associated research unit.
The EVALUATION is carried out by an international panel considering the following criteria:
1. The candidate’s scientific path, with emphasis on the last 5 years (70%);
2. Proposed research plan framed within (30%).
The up to 6 years research contracts to be funded under this call consider FOUR LEVELS, corresponding to different career stages. Each applicant can only submit one application and it is the applicant’s responsibility to choose the most suitable research contract level:
· Junior researcher: Ph.D. holders with limited post-doctoral experience in the scientific area of application – 2.128, 34€ gross wage (c. 1.400-1.500€ net wage * 14 months, depending on several specific factors related to the family composition and income);
· Assistant researcher: Ph.D. holders with more than 5 years of post-doctoral research, with relevant experience in the scientific area of application and limited scientific independence* – 3.191, 82€ gross wage (c. 1.800-1.950€ net wage * 14 months, depending on several specific factors related to the family composition and income);
· Principal researcher: Ph.D. holders with more than 5 years of post-doctoral research, with relevant experience in the scientific area of application and demonstrating scientific independence* for the last 3 years – 3.601, 03€ gross wage (c. 2.100-2300€ net wage * 14 months, depending on several specific factors related to the family composition and income);
· Coordinating researcher: Ph.D. holders with more than 5 years of post-doctoral research, holders of a title of agregação or habilitação, with relevant experience and demonstrating scientific independence and recognized leadership in the scientific area of application – 4.664,97€ gross wage (c. 2.350-2500€ net wage * 14 months, depending on several specific factors related to the family composition and income).
*Research independence is demonstrated though scientific competence, originality and international recognition, by experience in doctoral or post-doctoral supervision, or by the competitive research funds attracted at national or international level.
It is mandatory to upload the PhD certificate. In order to comply with the Portuguese legislation concerning the recognition of foreign qualifications, all the PhD degrees granted by foreign higher education institutions should be duly recognized (Decree Law No. 341/2007, of 12 October; Decree Law No. 283/83, of 21 June; Portaria N.º. 227/2017, 25 July). Applicants are advised to visit the website of the Direção-Geral do Ensino Superior (DGES) for further information: http://www.dges.mctes.pt. If possible, the certificate recognition (or its request official document) is to be upload together with the certificate. If not, the applicant won’t be excluded, but in case of funding awarding, the signing of the contract will be conditional on the presentation of the certified document.
Centre for Classical Studies
School of Arts and Humanities – University of Lisbon
1600-214 Lisboa – Portugal
Tel. +351 21 792 00 00 | Fax +351 21 796 00 63